Following his public dispute with manager Erik ten Hag, Jadon Sancho is expected to decide on his future at Man United, according to a source.
Following discussions with manager Erik ten Hag, it is ‘anticipated’ that Jadon Sancho will depart Manchester United in January.
Following his exclusion from the matchday squad against Arsenal, the 23-year-old recently sent a statement on social media. When pressed for an explanation, United manager Erik ten Hag cited the winger’s subpar training efforts, but Sancho shot out on social media that this was “completely untrue.”
The future of the England international at Old Trafford is in danger as a result of the public backlash. Sancho and Ten Hag were allegedly scheduled to speak on Monday, but it is said that they were unable to reach an understanding.
In an effort to rescue his United career, Sancho is ‘likely’ to sign a loan deal away from the team in January, according to The Daily Star. Sancho and Ten Hag are said to have “failed to resolve their differences,” according to another accusation.
After a sensational stint with Borussia Dortmund, who had been mentioned as a potential suitor, Sancho was signed for £73 million in 2021. As a result of the winger’s public outburst against the United manager, Saudi Arabian club Al-Ettifaq reportedly made a last-minute bid to capture him on loan.
In the meantime, Football Insider asserts that in the closing hours of the transfer window, the Reds thought about making a late approach for Brentford left-back Rico Henry. Due to the injury to Luke Shaw and the absence of Tyrell Malacia, United was in dire need of reinforcements.
According to the report, United was prepared to’step up’ their pursuit of Henry, 26, but was unable to close a deal. Sergio Reguilon, a full-back for Tottenham Hotspur who came on deadline day, was instead loaned out by the club.